This picture above purports to be the former president standing next to the wife and daughter of New York City grocery magnate John Catsimatidis, the owner and CEO of Gristedes Foods, the largest grocery chain in Manhattan, along with other ventures.
This Bill Clinton image ran wild across social media, and for whatever reason, the wife was cropped out in some of the retweets.
“It was at a recent function with the Catsimatidis family that the buzz-building photo was apparently taken, with the former president assuming a ‘familiar’ pose that brought out the Twitter snark hounds,” Western Journalism quipped.
Catsimatidis is reportedly a long-time supporter of Bill and Hillary Clinton and even lets them hitchhike on his private jet from time to time. The billionaire businessman helped raise about $750,000 for Hillary Clinton’s failed 2008 presidential campaign and also gave big bucks to the Clinton Presidential Center among other politically-oriented contributions. He has also donated to Republicans as well as Democrats, and Catsimatidis himself ran (unsuccessfully) in the 2013 GOP primary for New York City mayor. A Forbes listing suggests that he is the 161st richest person in America.
According to the Washington Free Beacon, Catsimatidis also tried to engineer a Democrat takeover of the New York State Senate, an effort that fell short, with the Republicans actually increasing their seats in the chamber. “At the request of [New York City Mayor Bill] de Blasio, Catsimatidis cut a big check along with other big donors to the little-known Putnam Country Democratic Party. As a political action committee, it has a far higher contribution limit than exists for individual candidates, yet can contribute unlimited funds to whoever it wants.”
Some of the satirical Twitter comments about the Bill Clinton picture included these gems.
- That man longs to be Roger Sterling
- Bill is a family man…
- I wonder if he noticed her cleavage
- I think hanging out was not correctly identified in this picture
- Where’s his other hand?
- Looks to me like Clinton was happy to be spending time with something else that was “hanging out”
- Slick Willy appears to be in his element
- Well, he least he only grabbed her arm and nothing else
- Where’s Bill’s other hand? a fair question considering his past & it’s one the media would ask of Cosby
- Ready for Hillary?
- Wow. What a terribly unfortunate photo that is, from a political standpoint
- Guess his leadership signature remains the same
Do you think people are overreacting to this Bill Clinton picture or is it just good, clean fun?